View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #274 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YzGyz View Post
Some white guys yelled at me (so I'm telling!!! j/P). They said I should wrap my hot pipes and give my turbo a blanket. I had originally planned for this but read that wrapping can cause cracks in the piping. Once they are cracked, it's going to be just about impossible to find the crack unless you take all the wrapping off, which you will probably never do unless it was a big leak and you suspect a crack. I though wrapping was a damn good idea until I read about the crack and decided against it. Well, that and it hides the shiny pipes. I originally planed to wrap because it "was a good" safety measure to melted lines, dried wires and much more. Now I don't know.

In your honest opinion, do you think it is worth it? If so, what side bag do I need for this new snail? I can find the $$ to buy the stuff if it's recommended.

Thanks
YzGyz

I just wrapped all mine. I had it on before with nothing wrapped. It actually gets really hot by your feet with all that heat in that area. Living in a hotter climate I'm sure only makes this worse. It also will hold in those hot gasses and give you "slightly" better spool. And again it does help to keep wires and vac lines from melting, which I have done in the past also.

I have heard of it cracking pipe also but I have never heard of a BP kit having cracked from the wrap. Time will tell I guess. However, Sasha now uses heavier gauge steel for the hot piping. So if mine ever cracks, Ill be upgrading to the new manifold.