View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #118 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

I might actually get the car back this weekend. That's what, a month to fix a clutch? It's been a complete disaster. First the car won't go into reverse at all. Shop tweaks it some more, reverse and first are still bad. The shop I bought the clutch from says it must be the master. Replace the master, no change. The shop I bought the clutch from says it's a bleed issue. The installer bleeds it again and I pick the car up. Now I can find first and reverse, but after I drive it home it's hot and I'm locked out of gear again. The vendor says it's still an air bubble. I spend hours under the car bleeding it. I went through two bottles of brake fluid. No change. The vendor agrees to foot the bill for half the labor to R&R the transmission. Very cool.

I call the vendor and they decide to make me a new slave with more throw and overnight it. I drop the car at the shop. Once the transmission is on the ground, my installer decides to take a look at the clutch rather than just replace the slave. The disc is warped. He calls the shop who actually makes the clutches for the vendor I got it from, who tells him I never should have been sold the full face clutch because it wouldn't hold up to the abuse and overnights him a 6 puck.

At this point I tell the vendor I bought the clutch from about the whole issue. Their response is to blame the installer, despite the fact that the actual maker of the clutch agreed that there was something wrong and overnighted a new disc. So now I've got the guy that sold it to me and the guy who installed it pointing fingers at each other blaming the other guy. Meanwhile, I'm out 4 weeks of a rental car, a master cylinder I didn't need and I used almost all my good brake fluid bleeding a warped clutch. Just to put the cherry on top of the **** sundae, the vendor is now trying to back out of paying for the part of the labor they said they would cover.