Thread: Subway
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read T View Post
In all honesty this is pretty much what they do with the Mustang. Multiple engine choices, thousands of ways to personalize it etc.
Bingo! In a way Mustangs are like Harley-Davidsons; they're not that great stock, they're more common than dirt, but the huge aftermarket means that if you want a one-of-a-kind it's not hard to do.

I like Mustangs, not so much Harleys.

People whining about the performance (or lack of) of the Z car need to remind themselves what the Z was meant to be in the first place. It's sport, not muscle. Sure it outperformed Mustangs back in the 90s... because Ford's 5.0 and 4.6 were turds in stock trim, not because Nissan's V6 was so awesome. Now that the domestics have entered the 21st century (finally) the V8 is going to win every time against a naturally aspirated V6.

Also, I agree with whoever said that the rest of Nissan's lineup is lackluster. Aside from the 370 and the GTR they don't make anything I'd want.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote