View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuceCoupe View Post
I apologize if this is somewhere else on here (it probably is) but I think this is a pretty thought provoking article that more or less summarizes the failure of appreciation for the Z instead of the car itself when read from a driving enthusiast's POV...

Three simple reasons why the Nissan 370Z cannot compete in the US - Torque News
The second this article talked about the Z going
V8. I called garbage on this article...
why don't muscle cars go turbo v6 for better Fuel economy and equal power of the v8? Easy answer... V8 heritage...
So why the FUKK is this writer asking Nissan to leave Japanese heritage of the 6 configuration. Inline, v or turbo 6 are options. V8's in a Z is out

Secondly, the whole appeal of the Z is to be a low slung two seat sport coupe, that's a direct competition to boxster, Cayman, corvette, not mustang.

The Z us a niche car. Yes, 7500 units a year is very low. But 80,000 units should not be the Z goal. 15,000-20,000 units max annually is the proper goal for this type of niche vehicle. So full mustang stats when talking about a Z.

The only issue that's valid is the Z is underpowered for the price. So either bring the Z to a $28,000msrp or add turbos n start it at $34,000.

The FRS/BRZ IS UNDERPOWERED & OVERPRICED as well. So I laugh at there comparo. First n second year sales will always be high due to fanboy purchases. Every year after that is average Joe consumers with a very low percentage of fanboys. The twins should start at $23k n top out at $27k...

The Z is outdated in power... Yes. But at least it didn't enter that way. Remember the stanh wasn't supposed to see the 5.0 till 2013, because the Z was killing mustangs in 09, running with the brand new SS, and beating the challenger r/t in a straight line.
The muscle cars are volume sellers and have more room for flexibility. The made annual changes that made it faster than the Z.
Nissan messed up when, the made stupid DRL n fascia upgrades instead of smoothing out VVEL, increasing gear ratios, SUSPENSION TUNE and loudening up the exhaust. The 2015 NISMO is what the regular Z should have been in 2013 and the NISMO should be 400 HP. But not because it's not as good as a stang. It's because it should have been progressive. But again. Sales were weak. It was a doubled edged sword for the Z.
Hopefully NISSAN will go FI next gen n problem solved.