View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse370z View Post
Is this something to worry about? I'll be storing the car over Toronto's winter for about 4 months.

Should I be worried about my new tires flat spotting? The tire pressure is at 35 right now, should I bump it up to 40ish?

Last year was my first summer with my Z and I was on stock 18" and I didn't really care about flat spotting cause I was going after market.

I honestly didn't feel any difference after the winter.

I can put on my stock wheels but thats really a last resort, I don't want to haul my wheels to the shop again.
yah, tires do flat spot... while parked on a concrete floor psi to 40-45 at least, and roll the car without starting every 5-6wks if you can.

i use 42-43psi (at ambient) and place on these platforms called flatstoppers. even so, i turn the wheels by hand every 8wks by 1/3 turn.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote