View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

With your motorcycle experience, if you want the manual, go for it. You'll have a few fits and starts, but it really won't be too much trouble for your skills and experience to transfer quickly. The only real "new learning" probably will be holding it on an uphill grade at a stop.

I drove manuals for years and really prefer them. However, the dawning of the cell phone age (sigh!) and an increasingly debilitating coffee-addiction combined to influence me to choose an automatic at this point.

I'd guess that you will regret it if you choose an automatic simply due to your fear that you'll be embarrassed during the early stages of your Z career.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote