View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #3765 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I'm curious as to why y'all want to keep a gun at the ready in a car. When I tote my guns to the range, I usually put them in the hatch/trunk. Do you travel into rough areas or is it an "as long as I'm carrying, it might as well be handy" thing? Not that I think you shouldn't (2nd Amendment FTW), I've just seldom felt the need to have a gun while driving my car.
If your level of paranoia extends to the point where you feel the need to carry a gun at all, then at some point you're likely to travel from point A to point B, and it will likely be in your car. What are you going to do with the gun you're carrying? The bucket seat of a Z doesn't lend itself well to comfortable carry in a waist-level holster, especially for some body types or some holster types. I find that for my size and shape, a leather OWB holster works fine so I just leave it on my belt, but if it didn't, I'd have to find some place to put the thing in the car so I could sit comfortably.

In this state, if you have a PTC it doesn't matter whether you carry open or concealed, nor does it matter if you carry in a car, on your person, in the glove box, in a lock box, or laying on your dashboard (although the latter concept may very well draw some unwanted law enforcement attention, even though completely legal).

eta: I suppose you could make the case that, of all the places you might need a gun to defend yourself, your car might be one of the more likely in a relative sense, acknowledging that overall, the need for lethal force for self defense is an extraordinarily unlikely thing for most of us.

Last edited by MacCool; 10-23-2014 at 11:46 AM.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote