View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #151 (permalink)
thisistony213
Base Member

Drives: N/A
thisistony213 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Third Step: Financing

I was told even with my great credit (790+ FICO score), I am only going to get 6.99% APR. To me that was absolutely unacceptable! I have worked hard to keep my credit score where it is today and I deserve a better rate. So, I went to my nearest credit union and they told me I will get 5.74% APR from their financial institution. I was okay with it but not totally happy. So, I start researching how I can get a better rate. Then I found out about the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. They are offering 3.99% APR on all new car purchase!!! I was sold! But there was a problem. I am not in the Army, Coast Guard or Air Force. How can I get such rate? Well, answer is simple. You can pay $20 and become member of NMFA (National Military Family Association - Option 7) and you’ll get the loan with desired APR. I was surprised to see the knowledge of these customer service reps. I had a very good experience with them. Once you’re member, you’ll have to fill out a loan application ONLINE and you’ll instantly know if you’re approved or no for the 3.99% APR. Then they will FEDEX you check the next day or you can go pick it up at your nearest branch. I opted for the next day FEDEX.
Wait a second, its you sign up for this NMFA. Would you have to join the army? I am not getting it. What is the catch of signing up for it, getting enrolled into the army?
thisistony213 is offline   Reply With Quote