Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:38 PM   #291 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpawmoses View Post
Now, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the stick is slightly slower—but here’s my question: Does that quarter second matter enough for you to opt for the automatic? Personally, it wouldn’t change my mind. I don’t think you adopt a kitten if you want to play fetch, and I don’t think you buy a Z06 to go to the drag strip. But I’m curious to know if these numbers have swayed anyone.
I'm sure it has as it seems most people prefer autos now a days (my belief is because most people do not know how to operate a manual gearbox, so they go the safe route with an auto, but we'll save that debate for another 6mt vs 7AT thread) Anyways, for me I wouldn't even think twice about it. A couple tenths of a second to 60mph or through the 1/4 is not going to make me change my mind. I just love manuals. Its fun to row gears, to heal/toe and rev match, its challenging when you start pushing the car to its limits, I like the options for modifications (shifters, flywheel, clutch, ect. The only way I would even consider an auto is if I was going to build a full out drag car, where every micro second is crucial. But for mainly street driving with occasional track days, its three pedals or nothing for me!

With all that being said, the new Z06 is a freakin monster. That thing is putting up super car numbers at only $80k. Great job GM!

*Edit. OP hasn't logged in since he started this thread. I guess he already made his decision.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 10-15-2014 at 05:50 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote