Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #290 (permalink)
cigarclifford
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Corvette Z06
cigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpawmoses View Post
Not to intentionally revive an old thread but this is an interesting read about the 2015 Z06 Vette.

"2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

When we first saw the vitals on the 2015 Z06, everyone on the forum knew the 650hp Vette was going to be quick—and now we know just how quick. Motor Authority has just posted the weapons-grade Vette’s performance numbers and they’re bonkers.

With the new 8-speed Hydra-Matic 8L90, the Z06 will shoot from zero to 60 in a blistering 2.95 seconds. And while it’s not the kind of fancy dual-clutch system you’ll find in Porsche’s 911, GM has stated—and Motor Authority independently confirmed—it can shift faster than the Stuttgart’s pride and joy. Three-pedal versions still manage the sprint in a very respectable 3.2 seconds.

Here are some other highlights from the official press release:

A quarter-mile sprint takes just 10.95 seconds with the eight-speed automatic and 11.2 seconds with the seven-speed manual. With both versions, the Corvette Z06 hits 127 mph at the end of the quarter-mile.

When it comes to braking performance, the Z06 can stop from 60 mph in only 99.6 feet. That’s the best braking performance of any production car GM has ever tested. Additionally, the Corvette Z06 achieves 1.2 g in lateral acceleration compared with the Corvette’s previous best 1.13 g.

The new Z06 is also the fastest production car ever tested at GM’s 2.9-mile Milford Road Course, beating the record set by the Corvette ZR1 by a full second."

Now, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the stick is slightly slower—but here’s my question: Does that quarter second matter enough for you to opt for the automatic? Personally, it wouldn’t change my mind. I don’t think you adopt a kitten if you want to play fetch, and I don’t think you buy a Z06 to go to the drag strip. But I’m curious to know if these numbers have swayed anyone.
Thank you for all this information Grand Paw Moses....Hope that you are
well today... forum brother Clifford