View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
I believe it's a direct injection issue. I have a GTI and within three months of ownership, I couldn't remove the black carbon build up from the exhaust tips. Can't imagine what's going on inside the engine. Also not scientific, but my butt dyno tells me it's lost power due to this.

Also had to take it in twice (under warranty) for rough idle, both times dealer told me, they couldn't replicate the problem. Something was fishy here as both times when I dropped it off, I left the engine running, the service writer sat in the car and noticed it. But by some miracle, when they started it up again it went away

OP, I'd go Z & awd beater for winter. Personally, I'd avoid Audi due to my experience with the GTI, plus their refusal to acknowledge and remedy the carbon build up issue.
VW runs great until it gets off the lot. then it runs as if it's 10yrs old.

As for audi's, my cousin had an a4 quattro. ate more oil than gas! they gave it to his mom so they could get a minivan and the mom wanted a hassle free car that she didn't have to worry about low oil light coming on all the time.

she got the is250 awd....

i agree with all here, get the z for summer and a beater for the winter (used juke nismo?!?!?! or something with AWD as they give you a lot more confidence in terms of traction control in winter)... now only if i can practice what i preach =X
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote