View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetech View Post
Carbon build up...is that a turbo issue?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Active
I believe it's a direct injection issue. I have a GTI and within three months of ownership, I couldn't remove the black carbon build up from the exhaust tips. Can't imagine what's going on inside the engine. Also not scientific, but my butt dyno tells me it's lost power due to this.

Also had to take it in twice (under warranty) for rough idle, both times dealer told me, they couldn't replicate the problem. Something was fishy here as both times when I dropped it off, I left the engine running, the service writer sat in the car and noticed it. But by some miracle, when they started it up again it went away

OP, I'd go Z & awd beater for winter. Personally, I'd avoid Audi due to my experience with the GTI, plus their refusal to acknowledge and remedy the carbon build up issue.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote