View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #285 (permalink)
Zoren 370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Nissan 370 M6
Zoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond reputeZoren 370 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John for posting the winner for the modified class.

The event was as always a huge success and everybody had a great time! Kudos to you all at Z1.

Let it be known I too was not satisfied the way the judging was made. Im not here to question the decision of the judges nor attack any personalities I believe the judges themselves are not fully guided with specific criteria that each category should have.

I certainly believe a Z that is supercharged or turbocharged should be automatically considered an ultra modified Z, as one has already modified the internals of the engine by doing such, plus the extensive man power and cost involved with this engine tuning and all. Thus I question the validity of a turbo charged Z under a modified category.
Even on a drag strip a normally aspirated with CAI is no match to a turbo charged Z. Case in point.

Same goes for a fully stock Z will have no match in comparison to a Z with an aftermarket wheels and modified front bumpers.

Its no apples vs apples. Simply stated.

My suggestions have a specific criteria of mods that would qualify under a particular category rather than by the number of mods.

I know judging is a difficult task but with this scenario a lot of guidelines or rules can be improved.

The Z1 family is growing thus more members are getting involved and damn getting serious about this show. Its time to make it more precise/ competitive to avoid such questionable results. In the end the integrity of the show would lose its value.
Otherwise all of us just display our Z at the event and have fun and enjoy the view as all are winners.

I love Znationals!

Last edited by Zoren 370; 10-14-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Zoren 370 is offline   Reply With Quote