View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

I always wanted Nissan to move towards a 3 sports car line, but as many others have pointed out to me on this forum, that would have been very unusual for them to pull off. That article helps support the "only 2 sports car" comments I've been told. It makes a lot of sense.

What has me curious, is if Nissan will do the IDx or the Z. The Z has a long history, but the IDx generated a lot of interest.

However I've seen articles stating if Nissan does the IDx, it would not look as ambitious as the original demo design that was seen in car shows. Given that a lot of the IDx charm was it's agressive retro look, I would voice Nissan go with building another Z. However IF they could pull off that retro appearance with the production IDx, I wouldn't be disappointed if Nissan retired the Z-brand for awhile, and made the IDx.

After all, just because Nissan lets the Z rest for a few years, doesn't mean we'll never see it again.

***EDIT***
On another note... all this speculation news (speculation leaks?), at least from the wording of how executive decision making is still being made, leads me to believe the current Z will still be around until 2016. I'm guessing the new Z (or IDx) will hit market in 2017.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 10-07-2014 at 05:42 AM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote