View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Z_U_later
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Roadster AT7
Z_U_later will become famous soon enoughZ_U_later will become famous soon enough

I went to my local Nissan dealer last week to test drive the new 370z roadster and had one of the worst test drives of my life. Fist of all the sales person I got did not know a thing about the car, she couldn't find the gas pedal in an automatic to pull the car out of the parking structure. I got to take it on the freeway for a bit and boy it has great pick up. We got off the freeway and I was about to turn in to the dealership she asked me if I wanted to see how it handles on the side street so we went for a ride around the block and this is where the fun starts. I make a right turn to go back to the lot and a 100ft after the turn the engine cuts off and I turned into a side street. I tried starting the car again but no luck. At this point we were in the middle of the road on a small street and cars were going around us in both directions. Not wanting to get read ended, I had the sales girl get in the driver's seat and steer the car out of traffic while I pushed it. Once we were safe I went back to figuring out what had happen. Well after a few minutes of looking around I found out what the problem was, the car was out of gas. The sales girl contacted the dealership and they sent someone out to fill the tank. Apparently this was the sale's girl 3rd on the job which explains her lack of knowledge of the car and that this dealership has a system of informing sales people weather a car has enough gas for a test drive. If the wipers are up that means that the car needs gas if the wipers are down then the car has gas. The wipers were down on the roadster we took so she thought it has gas. Well after the horrible experience I had you would think they would give me a deal on the car, they didn't. I told them that the car guy at my credit union was going to get it for me for 45K and if they can beat that I would go with them but she said the sales manager wanted 2K over invoice so I thanked them for the test drive and left. One good thing came out of this, at least I know the car is light enough for me to push by myself LOL. Anyways my roadster should be coming in by the first or second week of December.
P.S. I got the automatic because I live in So. Cal. where the freeways are known as parking lots.

370z Roadster 7AT
Touring/Sport/Nav
Black w/ wine interior
Bordeaux Canvas Top
Z_U_later is offline   Reply With Quote