Thread: te37 replicas
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #56 (permalink)
speedworks
Track Member

Drives: PW purchased 01/09
speedworks is on a distinguished road

Semtex, I understand your points, but I don't think people would be buying these wheels to pose (or act like they are having Volks). I think people would buy these wheels because they like the way they look - not status. The difference in your thoughts is everything you mention are status symbol items. I don't view wheels as a status symbol - I view them as something nice to look at (aesthetics). Now if people are buying them, because they want to 'brag' about having Volks, then I stand corrected (but that wouldn't be my reason). Everyone has opinions, I respect yours, but if I were to buy these wheels, I would buy them because I like the look, and they are the cheapest (and won't fall apart). Also, others talking about the quality differences, probably shouldn't make any assumptions unless you have done some testing and have data to prove it. And if you have that, great, I would love to see it, so if I decide to purchase these, that would help me make a decision. I am not saying these wheels are good quality or not - I just like the look in a bronze color on a white car - I could care less about the status symbol of Volk.
speedworks is offline   Reply With Quote