View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
JMA
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
JMA is on a distinguished road
Default Do I wait for the 2010 model?

I was about to ask whether anyone here knew how much the price of the 2010 model will increase over the 2009 when I saw this thread. ...but now I need some advice/opinions from whomever might know how Nissan tends to work in regard to incentives.

I want to buy a 370Z base model, but don't know if I should hold off for the 2010 model or not. I'm ready to buy as soon as the first week of December, but unlike other models/brands, the dealers and factory don't have any special incentives for buying a 2009, since the 2010 models aren't on the lots yet. Perhaps the 2010 model will fix a few of the minor problems people have mentioned and perhaps the bluetooth and heated mirrors are worth the extra $60.

...but I also assume that Nissan would have to offer some type of incentive to buy the remaining 2009s at the time when the 2010 models are going to be delivered. ...don't know how much that incentive might be or when to expect this. I wouldn't mind waiting until perhaps January, maybe even early Feb., but I wouldn't want to hold off on my purchase much longer. I like the new cherry color in 2010, but perhaps not enough to pay $1000 or more if such an incentive were to be offered for the 2009 in the near future.

Any advice?
JMA is offline   Reply With Quote