View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: N/A
0101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrparis View Post
Hi..

I just recently test drove a 2009 base 370z

one of the things that i didn't not like was the cheap crap radio they put in these cars... for a car that cost 30k new couldn't they put a ok pioneer radio in?
other cars i own that cost 1/2 the price of this car have a better stock radio.

the other odd thing happen on the test drive.. I came to a stop and this fart smell came thru the vents... it smelled like rotten eggs... any reason why>?

its a certified 2009 base 370z in red. it has 43k miles and it was pretty solid car. I hear /read issues on here that the 2009 may eat oil or over heat.. any truth to that?

other than the crap radio.. i like the car

I just bought an 09. No car is perfect, either because of high price or things wrong with it.

In the Z, the stereo kind of sucks. I'm probably going to put in an android radio and maybe change out the speakers. Not that big of a deal.

I think mine drinks oil. I think this is a common issue?

If you want to track it:

-The engine overheats, you'll need an oil cooler. Not an issue for daily driving I don't think.

-The brakes overheat and can have sudden brake failure. You'll want to look into possibly adding brake ducting, pads and extreme tempature fluid. Not an issue if you don't track the car I don't think.

- The LSD will probably get destroyed if you track it a lot

- The clutch is kind of not great and has low milegae failure issues

- Has fuel starvation issues in corners($2000 or so to fix with racing pump)

All that said, for $20,000 USD, it's a fun toy.
0101 is offline   Reply With Quote