View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #6124 (permalink)
cigarclifford
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Corvette Z06
cigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond reputecigarclifford has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
I do love the UP also. Really fun to cruise around in the Z up there, if you don't get blown off the bridge on a high wind day

Did a Yugo really get blown off the bridge?
"Yes, it's true... kind of. In 1989 a woman from Royal Oak was driving across the bridge and her Yugo went over the railing and she (and her Yugo) fell to her death. The accident was originally thought to be caused by her speeding, though it was later determined that due to high winds that day the driver panicked and stopped her car. Unfortunately, she stopped it over an open grate in the roadway and the high winds blew up through that grate right under her car."
We hunted and fished the UP of MI as kids.....My dad would stick us
in a canoe and head for the bar...This was about 6:00am and he would
return.. no joke the next day at 6:00am to pick us up.....24 hours of
pure fun...At most we were 10 and my bro 12....Great days at the UP..