Thread: 370z design
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman View Post
haha chubbs.. funny, thanks for the comments guys and by no means do i not like the z.. after all i am buying on later this year. and as for the g37 comment.. idk i just feel it's a way sh|ttier version of the z, like less aggressive, performance is a lot worse too. but i still don't know maybe im just having second thoughts before dropping 40 grand? another thing i like about the z is that there isn't very man of them.. this takes away from the "ricer" image.

as for all these ppl wanting my definition for ricer.. here it is. a ricer is a car from japan that tries to hard to resemble something much better than it's predecessor.. for example.. the 370z comes from the cayman s.. the gtr comes from the 911 turbo.. like their just cars that aren't up to standard in terms of refinement and class so they make up for it by charging less and putting out 95% of the performace of their better counterpart. this was a term usually used to describe a civic or celica but since those companys do not put out cars like that anymore.. the z, rx, and s2000 have become the new "ricers".. the cars that get modified the most.. i mean obv the z is a big step up from a civic but i mean it still doesn't carry the prestige of say a 335i.. and with that you get the performance too
The Z is not a "ricer" car. I think this phenomenon you are trying to piece words into sentences to describe is called "competition." The Z doesn't come from the Cayman S, it is simply trying to compete for a certain target market. I met a guy on the track a while back who was sitting in his e92 M3 and I came up to him and said "nice M3" and he just smiled and said that the M is his daily driver and that it is a toy compared to his GT-R.

I don't know how much experience you have with BMW; they are great cars, but honestly I've been in and driven 325i's, 330ci's, 335i's, 135i's, 550i's, M5's and just about every generation M3 and my 370Z doesn't ask any of them for favors in any regard. My friend who is a hardcore BMW guy and has a 335i came to check out my car today after work and he was amazed at the quality of the 370Z. So his car has wood trim and a BMW badge, my car has synchrorev match and an LSD. They are great cars, but in my opinion you are wrong to think a 3-Series has more prestige, what you are referring to is that white and blue badge. Take out the badges and the 335i has a serious problem with the Z.

Being common or a good platform for modification doesn't make cars rice. Being from Japan doesn't make cars rice. Do you know what the word predecessor means? The Z is not a predecessor of the Cayman S.

EDIT: OK, I am not a douche, but I'm not about to sit quietly when you so openly state your opinion. Nothing personal, I like Hawaii.

Last edited by RCZ; 02-10-2009 at 11:22 PM.