View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfixer View Post
So it should be no surprise to anyone here that Nissan employees get really good pricing on vehicle purchasing and lease offers. Up until very recently the GTR was off limits to any special deals. That changed this week in now employees like myself can lease a GTR on a 6 month basis for an exceptional deal. So I had to question what the motive behind this is? Not many folks are going to treat the GTR with the respect it deserves and in 6-10 months time frame the market is going to be flooded with beat to hell 6 month old supercars. Is this an effort to start reducing the ground stock? Thoughts? Maybe MC will chime in here.
I havent heard of employee lease specials specifically on 15's but it isnt surprising as it coincides with the big news going on right now. For the first time ever since the GTR went on sale in 2008....since Aug 1 has had an internal 10K dealer cash incentive on left over 2014's. this has lead to 100K GTRs going for low 80's. ( know of one guy would bought for 79K) there was about 230+ left over 2014s that dealers (out of about 600 cars in the new market)were having a tough time with and this is an effort to help move those.

It was sort of an under the radar thing where the dealer could use that cash how they wanted so it wasnt advertised to the public.. I made a thread about it and it totally blew up. I got 30K views in a month and Nissan ended up selling 208 GTRs in the month of August because of that thread haha for comparison they sold 91 the month before so it more than doubled sales. its the most GTRs sold in a month since April 2011. I know fo over 30 members I directly helped get into GTRs so that great for them but the side effect of this is the used market is taking a beating right now as you can buy a grand new 2014 cheaper than what most were selling 12/13s for just a month ago. I sold my 2012 in late July if I hadnt had a buyer lined up I would have gotten killed this month.

this 2014 10K dealer cash has been extended until at least 9/30 so that might be something to look into if you our anyone else is serious about getting into a GTR as they can be had for upwards for 20K off

you ask why they are doing this? well its a 7 year old car now and there are some very competitive alternatives now for less money ( Z06 ect) and honestly I think Nissan should have controlled production a bit more these last two years to avoid this. the 2016 will still be a R35 so I fear they will run into this same surplus issue of 2015's like they have with the 14

Im glad they are only doing like 50 NISMO's as they will keep them depreciation proof

Last edited by MC; 09-06-2014 at 06:43 PM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote