Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #568 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I put in a 25 row Stillen oil cooler from z1. My temps never get over 220 or so. Shadeez does not run a cooler (at least not last we ran together) and he gets up to 260 after a few laps (4 maybe?). But it works out okay he runs a few hard laps the. A cool down lap then parks on the paddock awhile to cool down. I don't usually run much longer than he does before I feel like its time for a break.

My takeaway? Get a cooler. It's not fun to have to be forced to stop Lapping and they are relatively easy to put in. Make sure you get a thermostatic plate in your kit so you can get up to temp (140?) in the winter.

Also for the track, bleeding your brakes to remove DOT 3 brake fluid and bleeding in DOT 4 is a must! I use MOTUL RBF 600, but any good race fluid is probably fine. The guys at road and track crashed the press release 09 Z when it first came out due to not doing this before the tracked the car. Their brakes totally failed and they hit a wall at full speed. (Note their is not much danger of this at HPR as it built with lots of overrun out in cornfield country... No walls)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote