View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #108 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
I give full credit to others on this one, but the quick fix for you would be to drop to 18" wheels and run the 285/18 square setup with RS3's. I did it per one of my instructors (martin), and I am pretty sure he did it per some advice from (clintfocus) whom is a really fast dude lol .

We like the RS3 out here because it handles the heat of our tracks. Nothing wrong with the RE-11 and people in colder climates seem to prefer it. Never used it personally, but on tires I sort of follow the herd and my herd picks RS3's in SoCal.

On the OEM suspension, I personally feel(don't know) that the Hotchkiss would be too much. I would suggest either the Stillen or the Eibach sways as a huge, but not overkill solution that are both fairly inexpensive, and will make a large difference. I am now running the stillen sways on OEM suspension(non nismo) and it is wonderful as far as I am concerned. I can tell that once I upgrade springs and dampers that it will be too soft, but it is still an enormous upgrade from oem for ~ 300 bucks.

Sticking with our super laps. At least for now, not going to drop down to 18s so closest to "square" setup will be to run the 275/35/19s up front.

Currently on PSS and happy with them so far. If wife wants stickier tires I will def look at the rs3s

Are you suggesting keeping the stock rear bar and upgrading the front to the stillen or eibach set full stiff I'm assuming?
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote