View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:42 AM   #1426 (permalink)
Amuse370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 PW Fairlady Z
Amuse370z will become famous soon enough

I finally got my car back a couple of days ago.

It was this magazine ad that started it all:

When I went to pick it up:

Went to eat before driving home:

The first actual day driving it:

Caught this guy 'mirin when I came back to my car:

I went in my garage fine on the first night, but when I left the day after, I scrapped and thought it was cause I went too quick, so at the end of the day when I went back.....:

I'm guessing my car's coils settled overnight or something, cause I wasn't going to make it back into the garage without scraping. I ended up using plywood to get back in safe.

I can deal with the car being at this height if it wasn't for the side skirts being so low. Right now there is less than 3" of clearance on the sideskirts by the rear wheels. I'm thinking raising by 1"- 1.5" but I don't know if that is too much.

Can I get some inputs on a couple of things?

1. How much should I raise the car by to safely get over speed bumps while not sacrificing too much aesthetics? In other words, how many inches of clearance do you guys have on your side skirts?

2. I am not too satisfied with the paint match, my bodyshop said give it a month with a bit of sunlight and the colour match should be closer. They're willing to repaint it. What do you think? (2nd last photo shows it best). Would you be okay with it?

Last edited by Amuse370z; 08-17-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Amuse370z is offline   Reply With Quote