View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
Riptide67
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo #0483 PW
Riptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
I'm in the process of mounting my Shine Auto Amuse front and it fit right on with no issues. Only mod I had to do was trim a bit to clear my aftermarket oil cooler. I also had to enlarge the hole on the skid plate for oil changes. Both took less than 5 minutes. No other body modifications, trimming or anything else needed. Rear fit the same. Unbolt the old, install the new. As for the rear license plate, I just used a thin license plate mounting bracket and attached directly to the rear. No custom fab work needed. I think if you have a quality kit, you have very little to adjust or mod. The Shine kit also has the marks on the skid plate to drill the bolt holes. Now, my BSD side skirts were another thing. Horribly fit and took a lot of work:

Please do not take this as a knock...I absolutely do not intend it that way and its my own personal opinion.

I would not be satisfied with the way your front fits. It is great that you did it yourself and saved a lot of money (props). You are also working with a flexible material. CF is not flexible by any means...especially when dealing with very large body panels. I take my cars to shows and judges have remarked that the fitment looks OEM and like it rolled off a production line. That is something that I can be proud of and makes a 3k bill worth it. Can I attest to it being the kit....possibly. Was it the hard work and finesse of the body shop knowing this is a show car....more than likely. Every kit has flaws. Those flaws can be hidden and tweaked with the skills and experience of people who have been doing the **** forever.