Thread: HT Talk
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #134 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Still if I am not going to use the game features of a ps3 and the rent features I do not see why I would need a ps3.
Well, that is true.
I would say 6 months ago you would be crazy to consider anything else, but Blu-ray players are finally come to market that are sub 200USD that may not be the best of the best but will get the basics across. Though I would argue that even at the price point, a PS3 as just a Blu-ray player is still a solid deal. Even if you do not play a video game on it for 2 years and then all of a sudden do, you will not end up with two Blu-ray systems and a video game system.

Similar situation when the Xbox 360 came out, a lot of companies were making Upscaling DVD players, but the 360 did it just as well for a fraction of the price. We finally saw the price drop (right around the time Blu-ray hit), but the 360 still did just as good of job and had the option of playing video games.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote