View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #75 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
A 0.5" difference in Diameter "might" be enough to confuse the traction/stability control .... you could try it but if you get a slip light, you;ll need new fronts as well ... makes the change a bit pricey tho ...
My experience has been that the system relearns/adapts to changing tire diameters.

Several years ago I put a 25.5" front tire on (compared to stock 26.7"), with a rear 26.3 (compared to stock 26.5").

For only a moment, the VDC system was activating while trying to drive straight and the car would barely drive, then after a block or two everything was back to normal. Maybe I turned the car off and back on I dont remember. But either way, that was it.