View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #816 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
I have to disagree about the whole "in my head thing." The Nismo is a model...I like the Nismo that I have...I don't care for the new one...others do...some old Nismo owners call the new Nismo model an upgraded Sports/Touring....but it's still a Nismo....

Your argument that there are parts out there that will easily make a base better than a factory car....I agree...I accept that you can build a car to out perform a factory one....but my argument is that it's still not a Nismo. You could also turn around and build a factory Nismo to outperform other Nismo's or Base or Sports/Sports-Touring package Z's....

For clarification...When I posted "True Enthusiasts" I was referring to those into the "Nismo" model/brand....there is no doubt that we are all enthusiast of the Z here....that's why we either owned or own one.

Just like the 40th Anniversary you could take a base model and make it look exactly like a 40th Anniversary...buy the chairs, emblems, match the paint, Rims, but when it's all said and done it's simply just a replica.....the true authenticity isn't there it won't and will never be a 40th Anniversary Z. The truth will come out when you run the VIN.

I'm not downgrading the other models...or saying that the Nismo is better than the other models...What I'm stating is that it is what it is...A Nismo....It's obvious that the Z's come in different models in order to match different styles, budgets, and needs of the drivers or potential owners....If that wasn't the case then all Z's would come in one model....
my point is that "nismo" does not carry the special value..just a body kit and some minor tuning. if you think that's SPECIAL, then you must come from a very isolated place. or you bought (or got owned by) nissan's marketing. nismo's are cool, just not my thing.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote