View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nevada3
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z TSC M6
Nevada3 is on a distinguished road
Default Too Ambitious? Swap '13 Touring parts w/ '14 Base parts to create a new '14 Touring

I'm thinking over a grand plan to possibly buy a new '14 Base Sport, swap over nearly all the Touring upgrades from my '13 Touring Sport and then sell the '13 as a 30k mile Base Sport model with brand new seats and a Bose Stereo a week or two later. I know I will get less money selling my car as a '13 Base Sport rather than a '13 Touring Sport, but the resale lost is far less than the extra required of me to buy a '14 Touring Sport. I'm wondering if I'm being too optimistic about the entire plan and missing some obvious problems. Here is what I know for certain:

1. I found the very useful base seat swap out for Touring seats guide by Martin82 that I can do myself: (estimated 5 hours)
installing Touring seats in BASE/SPORT

2. I've got the panels from the '13 Touring to swap into the '14 Base and vice-versa. I'm assuming this part should be easy and straight forward. (estimated 1 hour)

3. I read through the multiple links about how much effort swapping the Bose stereo is, so I figure I will just leave it in place in the 2013 and later upgrade the stereo in thw 2014. (0 hours) Bose install in base model

4. I can follow the installation instructions posted by Felix 808 to swap the standard review mirror from the '14 with the Homelink with backup camera rear view mirror from the '13. (estimated 3 hours) Factory Mirror w/ camera ?'s

5. I can simply move the tonneau cover over from the 13 Touring to the 14 Base. (estimated 0.1 hour)

6. I can swap the '13 Touring pedals to the '14 Base pedals using kenchan's directions: (estimated 0.5 hour) DIY: Installing Touring pedals on your Base

What am I missing or not taking into consideration with this unusual plan?
Nevada3 is offline   Reply With Quote