View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #29 (permalink)
Limeybastard
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport.
Limeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond reputeLimeybastard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
That's what I'm doing

More in depth?!? I'll sum the first page!
Scotch bright the clear
acetone
primer 3-4 coats
dry 48hr
wet sand primer with 600
isopropyl alcohol
3-4 coats color
3-4 coats clear
Dry 48hr
1500 wet sand clear
2000 wet sand clear
Rough cloth rubbing compound
Micro fiber cloth polish
Dry a month
Carnoble wax

It doesn't get more in depth than that. And all I've read 2000 vs 3000 is no different unless you have magnifying eyes. For a track car 2000 is plenty. Its glossy and parked next to a Hyundai yesterday the orange peel looked like a pepperoni pizza. Its a amazing the little things you start to see when you've done something personal.

Thanks, I need a new arm though. Getting tired.
Scotch brite would have been enough ;-)

To OP, I respect and enjoy reading your journals. You have a great skill set and very adventurous. Kudos.

Just out of interest is it single stage paint you are using? I am assuming the rattle can paint is 1 pack? 1k.
Limeybastard is offline   Reply With Quote