View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #100 (permalink)
merkil
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
merkil is a name known to allmerkil is a name known to allmerkil is a name known to allmerkil is a name known to allmerkil is a name known to allmerkil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
I found Z1's reply to my question and they said that as long as your oil temps reach 180°F, then it will be warm enough along its flow path to burn of moisture. Seems plausible.

If I remember correctly for a previous post in another thread z1 examined the oil path and the placement if the oil temp sensor and has stated that the oil temp sensor is on the inlet path before the oil goes into the engine. If the gauge is reading 180F then that is the coldest point (after the cooler if you have one) and the oil will be hotter once it hits the engine up top.

Some ppl seem to think there is about a 20 deg difference between the gauge reading and what the temp is of the oil in the engine.

If you think about it, this might be somewhat close as stage 2 limp mode kicks in when the gauge reads 280F but the oil would actually be around 300F in the engine.

Sent using Tapatalk
merkil is offline   Reply With Quote