View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 01:47 PM   #3786 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
speaking of steering fluid reservoir, i accidentally dropped my G's steering fluid reservoir cap into the engine bay last night. been doing a extract/add routine to renew the fluid the last 2 months. yesterday was the last cycle.

i had to pull up the coolant reservoir (it's on the right side on this car just right of the radiator) and use my nifty coat hanger tool to pull the cap up from the top of the lower engine shroud... lol good thing i didnt have to get it from under the car. a 5min job took me 30min.
Doing the clutch bleed on Sunday, my wife knocked the clutch fluid reservoir cap down into the brake/clutch compartment in the engine bay. What a pain! It took nearly 30 minutes, a 15" long screwdriver, and some 12" long needle nose pliers to fish it out from under the brake master cylinder

She was very apologetic, but I just told her that's what working on the car is all about: wasting time dicking around with stuff that you messed up completely unrelated to whatever work you are doing

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |