View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Interesting. My calculations show that that tire would bulge 8 mm past the rim. And be 4 mm past the inner portion of the front fender.

I did hear that tires are not exactly the width the manufacturers say. How would I know? I was thinking Michelin PSS (in Canada they come without the Michelin man - j/k).

yah, every tire model is slightly different even within the same brand. it also depends how much rim protector width it has, etc. we can only get a fairly intelligent guess on paper, the rest is by actual fitment.

20x9 ET32 is still fairly subtle. i was able to push the sport 19 by 20mm to ET28 without rubbing running 245/40/19 tires.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote