View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #87 (permalink)
H2O_Doc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 370Z, '12 4Runr
H2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkotic2001 View Post
Lately here in El Paso, TX. we have had 100+ weather and I have noticed that my oil temp went passed the 240 into the 260 rage I am guessing. About two days ago it went to 280 and above it was 112 and I was driving home I definitely felt that limp mode and it sucked. I wonder with the weather that we are having if this is going to be the norm I don't think i will be able to drive the Z often we are getting this weather all summer long.
I haven't experienced 112°F in my Z, but 90°F and aggressive driving with a 34 row oil cooler hasn't caused any excessive temps. Preciously I sometimes saw 280°F and backed off to get temps down. As many have noted, a block off plate in the winter allows oil temps to get sufficiently warm enough in a reasonable amount of time.

This is why the oil cooler is my favorite mod.
H2O_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote