View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Now that I have an actual Z sitting in my garage, I have was able to measure things more accurately as far as offsets and the look I want.

One thing I noticed, is that the rear fender is only as thick as sheet metal, were as the front fender has a 0.5" edge on it.

I guess my question is - for a good look on stock height, how close should I get to those fenders so that there is no rubbing.

I think I would want to stay just inside the fenders. Right?

And if I did that , would it look odd that the front is 0.5" more in due to that fender edge being thicker?
for me, i also consider the width of wheel and where the offset is looking from behind the car. lots of folks just push out their narrow 275 (10inch) sport wheels but it looks weird from the back... like a spider or crab or something.

i like my wheels tucked in the fender/quarter arch but not sunken in, and from the rear i like to have the width so that it fills the wheel well not just at the body arch, but also towards the axle/hub.

for this, nismo wheels are perfect imo for stock height.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote