View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #80 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antistupid View Post
Wow, it seems I need an oil cooler just to drive this Z.

I purchased my Z with 10k miles, had it hit 270 on the way home. Figured they did a **** oil change. Switched to Castrol Edge 5w30 and lowered my normal driving temps to 220ish. Which is this Zs normal 60-70mph temp. I can do one maybe two interstate pulls then have to shut it down ,frown, and go home.

A local guy who has a 135i, heavily modded, runs a consistent 260 @70mph, no idea what it ran stock. same tt v6 as the 335.
Hi Anti,

What's a "Pull" on the interstate, do you mean sustained high speeds, or downshifts to high RPM gears below/close to speed limit? Trying to understand your conditions. NOLA isn't hotter than FL, and mine's an 09, so my temps in FL on a 90+ degree day aren't hitting above 220, either in hellish stop and go for miles on interstate with AC cranking, or high speeds on interstate, or stop and go driving on days with 95+ heat.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote