View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
mab864
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 Sport 6MT
mab864 will become famous soon enough

I don't think PlastiDip is durable enough either. I put it on my diffuser a few months ago to check out what it would look like black and it hasn't held up that well. It's got a bunch of dings from little rocks and stuff out on the road (I presume). The problem with the 3M stuff is I think you'd have to wait a few months for the paint to cure before applying it. I was going to have my side skirts repainted and have the body shop install 3M but they said it wasn't a good idea so soon after paint. Regarding durability of 3M, I have to say I'm really impressed. I had the whole front of my car done when new and I don't have a single rock chip up front. I highly recommend it. As mentioned earlier, bug clean up is simple and easy too. I've thought about having my local spray in bed liner shop do the underside of my skirts as well. In fact I've had them off the car and into his shop for him to take a look at. Never pulled the trigger though. Need to get them resprayed first. Really I need to get a new set so I can have them sprayed, let them set a few months, and have the 3M installed. For your application, on the underside of the skirts, I think the spray on bed liner would work well as long as you keep it to the underside where it won't be seen.