View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #120 (permalink)
earwicker7
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z (maxed out)
earwicker7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
This car is very planted at speed and not saying it's not dangerous but most high speed crashes on the highway occur because driver in the car haulin azz trys to swirve in between cars or the car in the other lane does an illegal/unexpected/un indicated lane change effectively hitting the faster car. That is why you can go to jail for making an illegal lane change on the autobahn (i think it's the same punishment for giving someone the finger(god bless america))

You also can't eat while you drive or use our phone on the autobahn, and it is still one of the safest major road in the world despite cars traveling over 200mph.
If I'm not mistaken, one of the reasons it is safer is that they don't allow broken down cars that should have been put to pasture ten years ago to drive on it. A lot of wrecks are caused by people who are too cheap to buy new brakes (i.e., my ex, whose policy is I'll fix it when I have no choice).
2009 Magnetic Black 370Z with Touring, Sports and Navigation Packages--Fast Intentions CBE with 12" Resonators/Carbon Fiber Mufflers and LTH--Stillen G3 Cold Air Intakes, Underdrive Pulley and Grounding Kit--Uprev Tune