View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post

2) You've got a leak and the car is wet inside resulting in the constant high moisture content. If none of the carpets are wet, take a gook look in the spare tire area..
This got me thinking, so I investigated a little today (resulting in getting NO sleep...been up for 25 hours now) while on the phone with my audio installers and Zenclosures.

No carpets were wet that I could tell, but then I moved the seat all the way forward and checked the area behind my driver seat....SOAKED!

Apparently, a few weeks ago my audio installers left an unfilled hole in the firewall without it's grommet inserted. One evening recently, when it rained, the water dripped from the windshield straight down to this opening, ran down the side of the floor pan, and "settled" underneath the carpet behind the driver seat. The water eventually drained out, but left the carpet with PLENTY of moisture to make the inside of my car a steam room overnight as my car sat in front of my workplace.

I took the car to the installers. They replaced the grommet, wet-vacc'd the carpets, and it appears to be as good as new.

Thanks for all the different ideas, and special thanks to Modshack for getting the gears in my head going.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote