Thread: Winter
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
resopaton
Base Member

Drives: 13 PW Nismo
resopaton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's almost scary how serious you all are.

I've driven a lot of crappy FWD cars in the snow (read: snowy weather, not like 4 inches of snow on the roads) and have had no issues. Although I was told growing up FWD cars actually handle better in snow, my 72 bug that doesn't have many issues with a little snow...and it doesn't have the VDC system the Z has.

What makes this car so bad in a little snow? Obviously driving around all winter in Maine, with feet of snow piling up around you and gallons of salt destroying your undercarriage, it's not the ideal situation, but a tiny bit of snow can't be as bad a little rain, can it?
Snow is much worse than the rain! With the slick like tires on your Nismo it would be like trying to run with shoes on the ice rink; starting slow and increasing your speed slowly will be ok. Once you get going you won't have much control nor will you be able to stop suddenly. Rear wheel drive combined with a light rear end make for a nightmare on even an inch of snow. I myself would never take my Z on the snow.
resopaton is offline   Reply With Quote