Thread: Winter
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lone Wolf 75
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG 6M
Lone Wolf 75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by waaaasabi View Post
If you think that's crazy, imagine when a snowflake hits the ground at Fort Huachuca, Arizona. Yeah... that's right: DEFCON MIDNIGHT!!

Oh, to stay on topic: I plan to buy winter tires, though global warming has been in full effect in New York City recently... temperatures in the mid to high 60's?!
I bought winter tires too, but have yet to put them on. I was planning on installing the winters this weekend, but it was too nice out. It must've been damn near 70 F yesterday and today. My plan is to wait until the daytime temps drop to 40 F or less. At this rate I might have an unused set of winter wheels by next spring.

As far as winter driving goes, I had a '76 Chevy Monte Carlo in high school. I'll bet that car with the 350cid, racing cam, straight pipes w/ glasspacks, and 275 B/F Goodrich's handled the snow much worse than the 370Z with winter tires will. If it's bad out, I simply won't go to work, and that holds true whether or not I would drive my 370Z or if I owned a snowmobile. Well, maybe not if I had a snowmobile, but you get my point. The worst thing you can do though is drive with the summer rubber on snow or wintery roads.
Lone Wolf 75 is offline   Reply With Quote