View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #401 (permalink)
nickyts
Base Member

Drives: 350z
nickyts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arnaldo View Post
You are one great amico, nickyts! I really appreciate the lessons, dude. Whenever or whatever you wanna learn in English (I'm a teacher of that language) or Spanish (I'm a native speaker of Sp.), you just let me know, and it'll be il mio molto piacere to do it. Benone!
FIRST LESSON: Basic translation (Italian to Spanish): Amico=amigo; buono=bueno/bene=bien; cacciatore=cazador; moglie=esposa;
ragazza=muchacha o chica (either way, they're GREAT, ain't they?!); piacere=placer o gusto (?--doubt on this one); genitori=padres;
mamma=madre o mama, pappa=padre o papa; professoressa=profesora; anche=??? (I forgot!); bella=bella (just pronounced different);
tu sei=tu eres; io sono=yo soy; Spagnolo=espaņol (the Italian "gn" is equivalent to the Spanish "ņ"; in Portuguese it would be "nh", such as in "piranha"; in Spanish, "piraņa"; and in Italian, "piragna" (???--correct me if I'm wrong, please); Inglese=ingles; figlio=hijo;
sorella=hija; Dio=Dios (THE most important person in the Universe!); signore=seņor/signora=seņora; addio=adios; amore, amore, amore!!!=amor, amor, amor!!! (il mio MOLTO piacere!); molto=mucho/morto=muerto; Domenico Modugno=Domenico Moduņo/Nicola Di Bari=Nicola Di Bari (???!!!--two of my favorite singers); uomo=hombre/uomini=hombres (I don't like 'em, they're just amici!).
End of today's lesson, chico. Actually, I ran out of words! Thank you so much, uomo Latino! What does lontananza mean, please? One final issue: In Italian the ce/ci, are che/chi, in Spanish; in Italian the che/chi, are que/qui, in Spanish).
hahaha great Arnaldo!!!lontananza in italian mean (too far,great distance) i hope my english translation is correct
nickyts is offline   Reply With Quote