View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
slam1918
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z White A/T
slam1918 is on a distinguished road

hey Black_, from first hand knowledge the trick to these motors is getting cool clean air in & out as quickly & efficiently as possible. There seems to be a wide variety of opinions on headers. It seems headers will sacrifice low end power and you will loose some off the line ummff for top end performance. That's why I went with stock manifolds and the HFC's to the Stillen exhaust. Across the board everyone seems to agree (rare for any forum) the stillen G3 is the best intake and will give you good hp gains for the $$ spent. As far as the exhaust I liked the sound of the Stillen and the fact they add some weight in the *** end made sense since many people say the car is a bit light in the rear.
I went for the Z1 intake kinda blind as this my first go round with a plastic intake. I'm way more familiar with aluminum that has an e on it. If you don't know what your doing and start hacking away on your intake you can wind up going backwards and decreasing the air flow and power output. Unless you have gobs of experience or a flow bench that can measure air flow you just guessing. I figured what the hell for the $$ it's way cheaper than a motodyne & better than taking a stab in the plasitc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (416.8 KB, 49 views)
slam1918 is offline   Reply With Quote