View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam1918 View Post
For anyone interested: i was at Horsepower Logic and had Jack make a few pulls.
The previous readings of 267WHP was with Sillen CAI & CBE on hi test pump gas.
Todays run showed 286WHP with the addition of Z1ported plenum & Z1 Hi Flow Cat.
Jack was not very high on the ported plenum. He said he had tested a bunch of em and none had shown any power gains. He said the prior pull was a bit under what other Z's run with the G3 & CBI. He also said 286 is a fairly normal reading for the mods I've done.
IMO...I would hold on the ported plenum and put the money toward the suspension.
Not too surprise on the intake manifold.

they probably went a bit light on the production intake manifd porting since they made a piece for their shop car.....

If anybody search more deeply into this. They will discorver the first pictures of that intake manifold had a lot of porting done to it by the runner entry vs some production unit that some guys showed picture which had barely any porting sign as in comparison of their first one.

Dont get me wrong they are probably doing it by safety of not scrapping the unit by making a hole it it and having to do some repair after....