View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 AM   #46 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jckilla View Post
Thanks DE- I think I'll just go with berks products after checking out their website & get the G3 intake setup and throw the typhoon unit on craigslist. So now it's berk HFCs, berk CBE, Stillen G3' z1 intake manifold , z1 oil cooler, stock headers. I like that berk gives you all the gaskets needed for installation, Stillen doesn't - thanks for all the help. Last question, should I ask the installation shop to let me keep the stock exhaust for resale ( the guy told me they just scrap it, seems like a waste to me, someone out there could use it? ) I spoke with the other place in town and they will do the UpRev tune for $600 out the door. Looks like I've got everything lined up right now. All help is much appreciated.
Great choices. May I recommend getting Z1 header to cat gaskets, they're well worth the $30.
Please go to a meet and listen to different exhausts in person.

Also, buy used if you can, saves money and things like an oil cooler and exhaust don't really get worn. At LEAST shop our forum sponsors, some of their prices are so low I don't think they make money...

Resell all your parts here. There's a buyer for everything. Stock cats aren't worth much, but I'll take your set!

Tune is up to you (I have every bolt on and run without it), and it's better to get the "tuner" version, has better resale value and gives you better options.

Lastly, please, read the forum. I'm trying to be nice by helping you out vs telling you to use the search feature.