View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
DjSquall
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My first car
DjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I should've mentioned that I do have a trickle charger. I usually put it on for the last week of winter storage. So from what I gathered, it would be best to leave it hooked up for te duration of the year. I'm that case, I'll use the old battery (there's nothing actually wrong with it, I'm only mentioning replacement due to it's age)

Also, I won't be doing that whole "pull the plugs and spray a little oil in there" method. That seems a bit of overkill tbh.

Now as far as cranking it over to get the cylinders oiled up - is it really worth the hassle? I wouldn't have a problem disconnecting power to the spark plugs, but my concern is the fuel that will be injected and not burned up. That means I should disconnect the fuel pump too, or cap off the fuel rails.. I'm pretty sure that fresh gasoline would cause some adverse effects with fresh oil inside the cylinders.

My Z did p0rn
DjSquall is offline   Reply With Quote