View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #77 (permalink)
Apollo8642
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Nismo #280
Apollo8642 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
You're playing with fire sir !!! Still no fuel starvation? EVERY single guy I ran into autox events, they all said the same thing,"yeah gotta keep the tank full or else fuel starvation." I haven't hit fuel starvation yet but I ALWAYS run full tank. My longer autox event drive (2 hours from my house), I stop 20 mile before autox venue and fill up.

Actually, I need to keep a track of how many events you do with 3/8th full tank until you hit the fuel starvation. Just for the sake of gather data. What year Z btw? Any video of your Z running at the event?
I have an 2009 Nismo, and you can find all my last year autoX runs at https://www.youtube.com/user/Apollo240sx In the SSCC autoX videos I don't think I ever ran less then a half tank on their track. I figure the sweeper might do the trick, but still have never had a problem there regarding fuel.

Just to be clear my car has been fuel starved on the track, but never auto crossing. For the Oregon SCCA Solo we usually only get five runs, and they are pretty small, usually always sub one minute. As for the national events up at Packwood Wa they are one minute and up. I've never burn threw a huge amount of fuel where I've been worried.

There are now two other 370Z's running in the scca autox group with me, so I'll have to ask them what they are doing.
Apollo8642 is offline   Reply With Quote