View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
DjSquall
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My first car
DjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Long-term storage. Need advice...

I was hoping this dreaded moment would never come. But just after taking the Z out of winter storage, I have to put her back. For an entire year.

This time around I'll be getting jackstands and removing the wheels. The car is at the mechanics right now, gonna get new oil again, then top up the tank after adding fuel stabilizer. It will be stored in my garage, so no need for a car cover. I'll also be stuffing the exhaust pipes with steel wool and removing the battery (needs replacement anyway). Wipers also going in the trash.

What else should I do? She will be stored for a full 12 months. I plan on keeping the car forever, so it's very important to me that she will be in good mechanical condition!

My Z did p0rn
DjSquall is offline   Reply With Quote