View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brief RPM dive when stopped.

I'm having a minor issue on my car where my RPM dips down a little too much after I bring my car to a stop. For example, say I'm driving my car normal and come to a stop sign my engine drops RPM's a little too much and I notice that my charging system takes a dip to about 12v too (because the engine rpm drops). This only happens for about 2 sec and then picks back up to normal idle and then the charging system goes back to 14.5 like normal.

I'm concerned about these drops on the system because I don't want to strain the charging system. My car has z1 urethane mounts so my car shudders when the RPM drops off. I understand that the mounts are stiffer so the car will shudder at lower RPM. I don't believe that my car did it last year after I had the mounts installed but I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just focusing on it more because of the engine mounts?

I've had my car back on the road for about 3 weeks now. Previously my car has been sitting outside for the winter. My first tank of gas I added STP Complete Fuel System cleaner. My car does not dog out at any RPM and feels right other than the quick dip in RPM at a stop.

I was thinking about cleaning the throttle bodies on my car (which has 55k miles) but figured I would stop here and ask what others thought first.

Thanks

Last edited by gbrettin; 04-17-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Darn spelling errors...
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote