View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #101 (permalink)
edk370
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z
edk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to beholdedk370 is a splendid one to behold

1st of all, lemme clear things up since some of you are ignorant about me and my stance on Hondas; many of you are flat out IGNORANT about Hondas. I don't wanna call you "stupid" for the sake of civil debate. Anyways, I got into the Honda/JDM scene when it was novel, esoteric....before it got "ubiquitous" or riced-out.

2nd, I caught the Honda wave right before its culmination (people building 600+ hp *on dyno* FWD Hondas pulling 9's with 140+ trap speeds) and eventual fall. This was around the late 90s. Sure, these were trailer queens that had slicks up front, stripped down its bare metal chassis, broke down after a pass, etc....But it did inspire lots of people to try to build streetable Hondas that were quick.

3rd, to say that Hondas can't have a "sleeper" status is wrong. To only claim that domestic muscle cars were the only ones designated for this, is very narrow minded. I remember, prior to the Honda/JDM craze, people used to build old school VW Beetles with their "1835 cc" motors keeping up with, if not beating, domestic V8s....Is VW not an import sleeper?...absolutely. As a matter of fact, they're the original "import craze" prior to the Honda/JDM scene. They're "cheap Porsches"...RWD, rear engine, lightweight...can be made to be really fast (if you know what you're doing).

4th, it's obvious pretty much all of you look down on the Honda thing, because it's gaudy, passé and riced out now for the most part. You just haven't come across the fast Hondas that are tastefully modded. Look at "Honda Tuning" magazine if you wanna see examples.

Lastly, I owned a 370Z. I would rather drive that than a Honda (even if it is faster in the straights)....because I'm not 20 something y.o. anymore. It's a maturity thing. My point is, Hondas (all motor, streetable) got lots of potential. You can spin it whatever way you want...But yeah, lots of immature kids drive them now, and I can understand the disdain for Honda drivers; I'm not one of these douchebags.

Last edited by edk370; 04-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.